Step by Step Kliqqi Installation Guide for First Time, Upgrading an Existing Kliqqi Website to the Latest Version, Troubleshooting and Backup.
You are just a few steps away from starting your very first Kliqqi website! This page will guide you through installing Kliqqi for the first time, upgrading an existing Kliqqi website to the latest version, troubleshooting common issues, and backing up your Kliqqi site for safe keeping.
About Kliqqi: Kliqqi is an open source CMS that powers news and and user feedback websites. It is available to download for free from the project homepage: http://kliqqi.com.
Requirements: Kliqqi requires a modern version of PHP and MySQL and some PHP functions. To test if your server is capable of running Kliqqi please view the Troubleshooter. If any errors appear on that page you may have a problem with either installing or running Kliqqi.
- Create a mysql database. If you are unfamiliar with how to create a mysql database, please contact your web host or search their support site. Please pay careful attention when creating a database and write down your database name, username, password, and host somewhere.
- Rename the /favicon.ico.default to /favicon.ico
- Rename the /settings.php.default to /settings.php
- Rename the /languages/lang_english.conf.default file to lang_english.conf. Same instructions apply to any other language file that you might use that are located in the /languages directory.
- Rename the /libs/dbconnect.php.default file to dbconnect.php
- Rename the directory /logs.default to /logs
- Upload the files to your server.
- CHMOD 755 the following directories and files. If you experience any errors try 777.
- /languages/ (all files contained in this folder should be CHMOD 777)
- /logs/ (all files contained should be CHMOD 777)
- CHMOD 666 the following files
- Open /install/index.php in your web browser. If you are reading this document after you uploaded it to your server, click on the install link at the top of the page.
- Select a language from the list.
- Fill out your database name, username, password, host, and your desired table prefix.
- Create an admin account. Please write down the login credentials for future reference.
- Make sure there are no error messages! If you see an error message, or if installation fails, report it here.
- Delete your /install folder.
- CHMOD 644 libs/dbconnect.php
- Open /index.php
- Log in to the admin account using the credentials generated during the install process.
- Log in to the admin panel ( /admin ).
- Configure your Kliqqi site to your liking.